Library Video Tutorials
The library created a variety of videos, tutorials and Minute Modules to help users and support academic courses.
- AVON: Academic Videos Online, Access and Basic Search [1:02 mins.]
- How to Find a Journal Article from a Citation [1:42 mins.]
- How to Find and Use Ebooks in the ORU Library [4:14 mins.]
- How to Find Books and Ebooks in the ORU Library [2.28 mins.]
- How to Find Books and Ebooks: Advanced Searching Tips [3:49 mins.]
- How to Find Articles in Periodicals [4:59 mins.]
- How to search a Greek or Hebrew word (transliteration) in ATLA religion database[1:09 mins.] (For Greek/Hebrew fonts see Tyndale Unicode Font Kit.)
- Formatting Theology Papers with Dr. Isgrigg [7:53 mins.]
- Formatting Theology Papers, Part 1 [4:49 mins.]
- Formatting Theology Papers, Part 2 [4:58 mins.]
- How to Use EagleSearch to Find Books, Articles and More [6:05 mins.]
- How to Use EagleSearch to Find Periodical Articles [5:32 mins.]
- What is a Periodical? What is a Journal? [3:32 mins.]
- Dr. Angela Watson (Behavioral Sciences) [7:30 mins.]
Dr. Watson, associate professor in the ORU Behavioral Sciences Department, encourages students to use library resources for their coursework.
- Dr. William Ranahan (Biology and Chemistry) [8:45 mins.]
Dr. Ranahan, cancer researcher and chair of the ORU Biology and Chemistry Department, shares his advice to students about research in the library.
Selected Database and Vendor Tutorials
For more database tutorials see Minute and Tutorial Videos: Database Tutorials or use the "more" link on the Database List.
- Credo Reference: How to Avoid Bias in Your Searches [1:03 mins.]
- Credo Reference: How to Find Relevant Sources [0:57 min.]
- Credo Reference: Synthesizing Research [1:242 mins.]
- Credo Reference: What To Do When Your Topic is too Broad [1:02 mins.]
- Basic Searching [2:13 mins.]
- Advanced Searching [2:40 mins.]
- Citing Articles [1:52 mins] Always refer to the print style guide for complete citation formats and descriptions.
- Gale eBooks - Searching for Information [1:15 mins.]
- Gale Tools - Cite [0:58 min.] Always refer to the print style guide for complete citation formats and descriptions.
- Gale Tools - Topic Finder [1:02 mins]
- Browsing journals [3:32 mins.]
- How do I use the advanced search? Text only
- Performing an advanced search [2:40 mins.; there is no sound on this video]
zSpace (Augmented Reality)
- An Introduction to zSpace [1:45 mins]