LIBBIS FOR COMPOSITION 303 and HONR 303 STUDENTS
Explore research topics within your discipline and discover a variety of discipline-related resources, skills and tools! You will attend one LIBBI-303COMP session as part of your Composition course.
For student convenience, session are offered on a variety of days and time. View LIBBI sessions on the opens new windowLIBBI Schedule calendar or on the LIBBI sign-up page in Vision.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
There is nothing to do in preparation for the LIBBI. If, however, you are not familiar with library resources and services or have not attended a library workshop, such as LIBBI-102COMP, it may be helpful to stop by the One-Stop Library Services Desk to meet with a librarian for a brief introduction to the ORU Library. If you are required to sign up for a session, see the LIBBI sign up pages.
WHAT TO BRING
You will need your network login (SSO). If your login does not work, contact the IT Concierge Desk at 918.495.6321, email@example.com, or it.oru.edu.
See: opens new windowComposition 303, Course Research Guide.
See your opens new windowcourse syllabus for more information on the LIBBI requirement.
LIBBI-303COMP: COMPOSITION/ HONORS 303
"Subject and Discipline Related Research"
Required for all Composition 303 and Honors 303 students.
After the LIBBI you should be able to:
- Identify subject-specific tools in a variety of medium.
- Use controlled vocabulary (subject headings and thesauri) in search expression.
- Identify keywords and subject terms for ethical and world view articles and resources.
- Evaluate search results for relevancy, accuracy and authority.
- Use the EBSCO folder.
- Use database citation tools to identify MLA citation elements for online sources.
- Locate sources of new educational technologies, such as interactive 3D technologies and virtual reality.
Four short Exit Exercise quizzes in D2L will be competed after the session. Scores from the quizzes will be moved into student ePortfolios as part of the Information Literacy rubric for Whole Person Assessment.
See you in the LIL!