Group Study Room Policies
Reserve a group study room in the Library INformation Commons (LINC) for your group of three or more persons to meet and collaborate on research or academic/course-related projects. Room A has three computers, rooms B, C, D and E have one computer in each. See diagram.
Reservations are limited to current ORU students and faculty. At least 3 members of a group must be present at the scheduled time for the reservation to be valid.
If the group does not show within 15 minutes of the reserved time, the room is forfeited for the entire time. If a person or group is occupying a room when a reservation time begins, that person/group must vacate the room. Rooms not reserved are available on a walk-in basis to groups or individuals, but must be vacated if a reservation is made.
Covered drinks are allowed, but food is not allowed anywhere in the library, including group study rooms.
Personal items in any room that has been vacated for more than 20 minutes or during a reserved time will be taken to lost and found.
The study rooms are not soundproof -- please keep the noise level low as a courtesy to others. When leaving the room, please dispose of trash, place books on the reshelving cart, and leave the room as you found it.
White boards are available in rooms C, D, and E. Markers can be checked out at the One-Stop Library Services Desk.
Group Study Rooms
To reserve a Group Study Room:
- Select the date from the calendar.
- Select the room and each 30-minute segment for the time needed from the schedule grid.
- After reading the policies, click "Continue" to indicate your agreement, then enter the required information.
- NOTE: only email addresses in ORU.edu domain can be used.
- You will receive an email when your request has been approved.