Library Instruction Lab
Key Library Links
Library Workshops for Faculty
The Library offers workshops for the purpose of orienting faculty members to the Library's research resources, particularly online journals, e-books, and the databases that provide indexing, abstracts, and/or full-text of these online materials. Since electronic resources are dynamic in nature--with databases and journals constantly being added or withdrawn, interfaces being updated, new functionality being developed--these workshops help to keep the faculty informed as to what resources are available and how they function. The Library will notify faculty when workshops are offered, so that faculty members can sign up for those that fit their needs. If you have a suggestion for a topic to be covered in a library workshop, please contact the Teaching Librarian assigned to your college or department.
Library workshops for faculty are usually held in the Library Instruction Lab (LIL) in the back of the Periodicals area in LINC (the Library INformation Commons) on LRC-4.
In addition to workshops of general interest, the Library also offers workshops designed for individual colleges, graduate schools, or undergraduate departments. Chairs and deans are encouraged to call the library liaison assigned to their particular college or department to schedule a workshop for the faculty and staff in their own department or college.
The Teaching Librarians are responsible for collection development in the disciplines represented by the various academic colleges and departments of the University:
- Jane Malcolm - Business, Sports Management, International Development, and Advertising/Public Relations
- Dr. Angie Sample - Education
- Myra Bloom - Health, Leisure & Sport Sciences (except Sports Management)
- Dana Higeons - Music, History/Humanities/Government, and Communication Arts (except Advertising/Public Relations)
- Annette Villines - Nursing & English/Modern Languages
- Mary Ann Walker - Science & Engineering (except HPER)
- Dr. Sally Shelton - Theology & Ministry (including Holy Spirit Research Center)