ebooks v. Paper Books in ORU Library
As of May 1, 2021
Now that more than 50% of the Library's book collection is electronic, it is more important than ever not to overlook these resources. They are amazingly easy and convenient to use.
Most ebooks can be found by searching the library catalog, but they can also be discovered by searching or browsing the various ebook collections.
Our largest ebook collections each have their own interface and special features.
- Ebook Central Authoritative ebooks in a wide range of subject areas from a variety of professional publishers.
- EBSCO ebook Collection A multidisciplinary collection of eBooks including titles in the Christian Librarians collections.
- EBSCO eBook Religion
- Credo Reference
- Gale eBooks
Other ebook collections of note include;
- Cambridge Companions to Religion (77 books on major topics and key figures in theology and religious studies)
- Ovid Ebooks (19 full-text eBooks related to nursing)
- Oxford Handbooks Online
- EBSCO Audiobook Collection (17 downloadable audiobooks)
Other ORU ebooks
- List of ORU eBook Collections in the Database ListThis list includes the smaller collections of ebooks as well as the major ones listed in this guide.
Open Access ebooks
The ebooks and ebook collections listed in this LibGuide are restricted to use by current ORU students, faculty, and staff, but the Library also offers a Web page of open access ebooks, which lists a number of open-access ebook collections.