Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
opens new windowEagleSearch is EBSCO's discovery tool that allows a more-or-less comprehensive search of the library's resources, giving a quickoverview of the volume and type of material relative to a particular subject area, madeavailable by the ORU Library for current ORU students, faculty, and staff. This next-generation search tool combs through some one-half billion documents/records instantaneously, including the contents of the vast majority of databases to which the Library subscribes, EagleSearch works faster and more thoroughly than opens new window one search, the Library’s previous all-in-onesearch tool.
- to focus a search in EagleSearch, go to opens new windowAdvanced Search and select one or more disciplines.
- to refineresults, filter them byone or more source typesorfacets, such as subjects, publications, and databases in the left menu.
- to globalizea searchbeyond the ORU Library, uncheck the "Available in Library Collection" box.
- to extendthe search todatabases not compatible withEagleSearch, click one of the widgets in the rightmenu.
Reasons You Might Choose to Use EagleSearch
- You want to use a library search box that functions like Google, only even better.
- You realize the Library has many copyrighted resources for which the Web cannot legally provide the full text.
- You are not sure which database to use for your particular research topic.
- To complete your bibliography, you need to find the full citations of items for which you have only partial information, e.g., part of a title.
- You want a quick overview of what is available in the Library in a particular discipline.
- You need to quickly find information for an assignment that is due in just a few hours.
- You are working on a major research project and realize you will eventually need to search the individual databases in your discipline but first you want to jump start your research project by using EagleSearch.
EagleSearch - Overview Tutorial
EagleSearch - Improving Your Results Tutorial
Continue an EagleSearch Query in Databases Not Searchable in EBSCO's Discovery Service
Though some of the library databases are not searchable in EagleSearch, a search conducted in this discovery servicemay be continued by clicking one of the database widgetsin the right menu of an EagleSearch results page.