The book loan period for Distance Learners is 90 days.
Distance Learners can:
- See if their local library owns the needed title.
- Ask the local public library to request the title through Interlibrary Loan.
- Request pages to be scanned from library books by Distance Learner Library Services* (no charge)
- Request through Distance Learner Library Services* to check out and mail up to five titles at a time to ORU distance learners.
- opens new windowRequest form for distance learner library materials (for books)
- opens new windowRequest form for distance learner library materials (for scanned pages)
Costs involved in mailing books*
- $4.00 (per book) to mail books at Book Rate.
- $8.00 to mail books (weighing two pounds or less) at Priority Mail rate.
*Note the library is not able to ship books outside the United States.
Return of the materials is the responsibility of the borrower.
Distance Learner Library Services can provide assistance in locating resources in the ORU Library.
*Contact DLLS: 918-495-7495 or LibDist@oru.edu
To renew your library books, click the opens new windowRenew Books button on the Books+ tab of the quick search box on the opens new window Library web site. Log into your library account with your first and last name and your ORU ID barcode. Once you're logged in, you will see the items you have checked out and renew selected or all the items so long as none of them are past due. Otherwise, email the Access Services Supervisor to request a renewal. Faculty are not charged overdue fees, but they are responsible for lost or damaged items.