Contacting the ORU Library
Primary contact for distance learners is Jane Malcolm, Distance Learner Services.
|Mail:||Distance Learner Services
Oral Roberts University Library
7777 South Lewis Avenue
Tulsa, OK 74171
Information and Policies
|Who are Distance Learners? Distance Learners are students who live one hour or more from campus.|
Library hours, loan periods, renewal policies, fines, and other library policies are available here.
Extra services for Distance Learners include:
- Scanning and emailing of articles or book excerpts from items in the library's physical collection.
- Check out and shipping of books from the ORU Library
Please note these policies for Distance Learners:
- Please complete the Distance Learner Registration Form or register in person on campus each year you are enrolled.
- Your ORU email address must be used for all email communication with the ORU library.
- Requests for library materials may be made by email (LibDist@oru.edu) or through the online form.
- Please identify yourself as a Distance Learner when requesting library services or materials.
map of Tulsa, OK obtained from TownMapsUSA.com
Access Online Resources—Off Campus Login
ORU databases, including full text articles, journals and ebooks, are fee-based resources and, as such, are generally restricted to current ORU students, faculty and staff. For off-campus access it is necessary to login with your ORU Network username and password (Single Sign-on) when prompted.
If you know your Single Sign-on and it works for other ORU applications (D2L, ePortfolio, email, etc.) but not for remote library access, troubleshooting guide may help you discover a technical issue which may be interfering with your access.
Distance Learners are encouraged to contact local libraries to conduct research. Many academic libraries will allow access to in-house use of materials and copiers, and some supply borrowing cards for a fee. Materials in other libraries can be found by searching WorldCat, available through the ORU Library Database List or on the web at www.worldcat.org.