Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- opens new windowACS Publications - Includes opens new window1000+ open access articles and many abstracts available thru 1997. "ACS Publications stands alongside Chemical Abstracts Services in supporting the American Chemical Society's goal to be the most authoritative, comprehensive, and indispensable provider of chemistry-related information ...." opens new windowMore opens new window
- opens new windowPhysical Science Journal Collection (ScienceDirect)- ORU database
Provides full-text of journals related to the physical sciences. Includes opens new window~199 Chemistry publication titles covering Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry (General), Electrochemistry, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Physical and Theoretical Chemistry, and Spectroscopy.
• To request a ScienceDirect article from interlibrary loan, use the opens new windowILL form or email the citation information to email@example.com.
• To move a ScienceDirect article into your EBSCO folder, go to EagleSearch, which is an EBSCO interface, then key in and search for the article title. Sign in to your EBSCO folder and add the article. opens new window
- opens new windowPLOS One: Chemistry - Open Access, ~33,775 articles
Publishes primary "scientifically rigorous research." Covers analytical chemistry, applied chemistry, catalysis, chemical biology, chemical composition, chemical compounds, chemical elements, chemical engineering, chemical physics, chemical properties, environmental chemistry, nuclear chemistry, organic chemistry and more. opens new windowLearnopens new window more
- opens new windowSCIRP (Scientific Research Publishing): Chemistry & Material Science (Open Access)
An academic publisher providing more than 200 open access, online, peer-reviewed journals. View opens new windowChemistry & Material Science journals.
opens new windowEagleSearch - Access the majority of ORU resources through a single entry point. Searches multiple databases across formats and media. Use advanced search to select disciplines.
- opens new windowAcademic Search Complete- A scholarly multi-disciplinary full-text database with book reviews, images, and some books with full-text. To view subjects for your topic, click Subject Terms in the top menu bar. Key in your subject in the Browsing text box. Click a display option (Term Begins With, Term Contains, or Relevancy Ranked). Click Browse.
- opens new windowDirectory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)- Provides access to free, full-text, quality-controlled, peer-reviewed, research and scholarly journals; many languages and countries represented.
- opens new windowGoogle Scholar - Click the menu icon then Settings. Click Library links in the left menu, and key in Oral Roberts University. When you are logged in to Off Campus Access, the results in Google Scholar will provide a link to the article, if it is available full-text in the library. To set up an alert: Perform a search. In the left menu, click Create alert, enter your email, select number of results, and then click Create Alert.
- opens new windowGPO - U.S. Government Publications- Provides indexing for U.S. government documents covering all topics; includes Congressional reports, hearings, debates, and records; judiciary materials; and documents issued by executive departments.
- opens new windowGreenFILE- Indexes and abstracts of scholarly, governmental and general-interest titles, which deal with the environmental effects of individuals, corporations, and governments; has some open access. Browse and select subject terms (shown below) in your search.
- opens new windowHSDB: Hazardous Substances Data Bank (NIH, U.S. National Library of Medicine)- "Peer-reviewed toxicology data for over 5,000 hazardous chemicals."
- opens new windowNature: Latest Research , opens new windowChemistry (Some open access) - Original research articles,latest research articles,review articles, news of science in universities, industry & government, correspondence and opinion pieces.
- opens new window Tox Town (NIH, U.S. National Library of Medicine) - Search or browse "Locations," "Neighborhoods" (available in text or graphic versions), "Chemicals" and more.
- opens new window TOXMAP®: EnvironmentalHealth Maps (U.S. Department of Health & Human Services) - Explore toxic chemicals in communities. opens new window TOXNET Fact Sheet, opens new windowAbout
- opens new window TOXNET: Toxicology Data Network (NIH, U.S, National Library of Medicine) - Provides links to nearly 20 open access databases.
- opens new windowBioMed Central- Open Access, 276 peer-reviewed journals related to science, technology and medicine. Includes four chemistry publications: opens new windowBiotechnology for Biofuels; opens new windowJournal of Nanobiotechnology, opens new windowBMC Biotechnology, and opens new windowMicrobial Cell Factories.
- opens new windowCINAHL Complete- Covers nursing and allied health. Search: opens new windowSU chemistry for a list of more than 10,000 results on various chemistry subjects.
- opens new windowFDA: opens new windowScience & Research (U.S. Food and Drug Administation)
- opens new windowHealth & Life Sciences Journal Collection (ScienceDirect)
- opens new windowHealth Sciences: A SAGE Full Text Collection (SAGE) - Full-text journal collection in the areas of health, public policy, health services & administration, health education, and community/public health nursing.
- opens new windowHealth Source: Nursing/Academic Edition- Full text, abstracts, and indexing of health and medical related scholarly journals.
- opens new windowHighwire Press
- opens new windowOvid Core Nursing Collection- Full text of selected nursing journals; access to tables of contents, bibliographic citations, abstracts, and references of thousands of scientific, technical, and medical journals. To limit a search to journals subscribed to by the ORU Library, select Your Ovid Core Nursing Collection. Use Ovid Core Nursing Collection Full Text for all Ovid journals. See: Ovidopens new window Tutorials & short Demos.
- opens new windowMEDLINE with Full Text Includes more than 400 chemistry titles. Indexing for 5,600+ biomedical journals; full text for 1,450+ journals, including ~600 unique journals not found with full text in Academic Search Complete or Health Source; indexed with the National Library of Medicine's Medical Subject Headings (MeSH). Tutorials: opens new window searching (4 mins.) | opens new windowUsing CINAHL/MESH Headings
- opens new windowPLos Medicine- Open access, peer-reviewed research database.
- opens new windowPubMed Central- Open access of full text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- opens new windowSCIRP (Scientific Research Publishing) - Open Access
opens new windowProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global-Full-text available for immediate free download and many available for purchase in print.
- In Advanced Search, key in su(chemistry) for a subject search on chemistry.
- Or, click Browse. Click C on the Browse by Subject tab. Scroll to chemistry subjects. (shown right) Click the + symbol to view chemistry subheadings.