The Library Digital Sandbox has equipment to offer users a variety of immersive learning experiences. No appointment or scheduling is necessary. Help is available at the One-Stop desk.
Location: LRC 4th floor, LINC
To use the room:
- Go to the Library One-Stop Service desk.
- Use your student ID to check out the Digital Sandbox room key and VR controllers. (Your student ID will be held until you check in the room key and controllers.)
You will be given the controllers for VR1 or VR2. In the Digital Sandbox, use the VR station--VR1 or VR2-- that matches the controllers you were given at the desk.
- When finished, return the room key and controllers and get your student ID.
No food or drinks, including covered drinks, are allowed in the room.
HTC Vive VR
Location: Library Digital Sandbox, LRC 4th floor, LINC
- Two (2) HTC Vive VR stations
- VR Computers, HTC Vive headsets and controllers, Deluxe Audio Straps
- Steam Content
To Use: Check out the Digital Sandbox room key and the HTC Vive touch controllers at the One-Stop Library Service Desk.
Notes: VR users can pick up a one-time use opens new windowVR eye mask cover at the One-Stop Library Service Desk. For Steam update login help, inquire at the One-Stop Desk.
Location: Library Digital Sandbox, LRC, 4th floor LINC
- Arturia KeyLab Essential 49 MIDI Keyboard Controller (Watch video.)
- Laptop, Headset
- Ableton Live 10 software sequencer and digital audio workstation (DAW), offering users five software instruments, 34 audio effects and eight MIDI effects.
- Finale music notation software to capture musical inspiration and create sheet music. Printers are available.
This well equipped and easy-to-use workstation enables the many ORU musicians not enrolled in the Music Department to learn basic digital composition and recording. Users can create, edit, listen and share music. No appointment or scheduling is necessary.
To Use: Check out the Digital Sandbox room key at the One-Stop library desk.
Note: The Copyright Law of U.S. Code, Title 17, governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment and software is liable for any infringement.
Location: Library Digital Sandbox, LRC, 4th floor, LINC
zSpace is tabletop AR/VR that lets users interact with selected simulated objects in virtual environments for an immersive learning experience. With special viewing glasses and a stylus users can pick up, move around and rotate selected object, or move objects off the screen.
To Use: Check out the Digital Sandbox room key and the zSpace glasses at the One-Stop library desk.
Digital Sandbox VR Station Booking
To Reserve a Digital Sandbox VR Station:
- On the booking tool, click the Space.
- On the booking tool, click Go To Date to select the date from the calendar.
- Select each 30-minute segment for the time needed from the schedule grid.
- After reading the policies, click "Continue" to indicate your agreement, then enter the required information.
- NOTE: only email addresses in ORU.edu domain can be used.
- You will receive an email when your request has been approved.