Interlibrary Loan FAQs
Who may request an ILL?
How do I request an item through Interlibrary Loan?
- When searching EBSCO and FirstSearch databases, click the link labeled "Request from another library," "Request Item," or "ORU Interlibrary Loan Form for this article."
- Complete the required fields that are not automatically filled.
- Click Submit to send the completed form to Interlibrary Loan. Your request will be processed within two business days.
- When a link is not present, you can enter the information for the book or article you need in this blank form opens new window online.
What types of items can I borrow?
What types of material are NOT ordinarily available through Interlibrary Loan?
- text books
- reference books
- rare books
- complete issues or volumes of bound periodicals
What about other types of material?
What does it cost?
- For articles and book chapters, there is a $2.00 processing fee per request for students ($1.00 for staff).
- For books (or other items mailed to us that need to be returned), there is a $2.00 processing fee ($1.00 for staff) + return postage at the media rate.
- Any charges that the lending libraries may assess. This does not occur often. We will ask you if you agree to pay the charges before continuing to process the loan.
- ILL fees and postage are waived for current full time ORU faculty members.
- NOTE: You are responsible for damaged or lost items. This can result in all library privileges revoked, and a library hold placed on your account pending the return of overdue materials and payment of any outstanding charges.
How and where do I pay?
How long will it take?
- Interlibrary Loan requests can take from two days to two weeks.
- The average time for an article is 4 days.
- The average time for a book is 7–10 days.
How will I know when it has arrived?
Where do I pick up my Interlibrary Loan?
How long can I keep the items?
- Photocopies do NOT need to be returned.
- The loan period for other materials is set by the lending library, usually 3–4 weeks.
Can I renew Interlibrary loan items?
For information about requests, email LibILL@oru.edu.
For questions about pickup, contact the One-Stop Library Services Desk (918-495-6391).
A blank form for requesting ILLs is available opens new window online.
For more information, See
Current copyright laws place restrictions on both personal as well as institutional photocopying of materials protected by copyright. Email Librarian@oru.edu if you need additional information about copyright compliance.
Interlibrary Loan services are a courtesy extended by a lending library. In order to maintain good relations with other institutions, the Interlibrary Loan Department makes every effort to comply with all restrictions and due dates set by the lending library. Please do not ask to borrow the same item twice.