One-Stop Library Services Desk
The One-Stop Library Services Desk is located on the 4th floor of LRC.
This is where current students, faculty, staff, and alumni may check out and renew books, reserve materials, or return books at this desk. There is also a self-check located at the desk in the Library INformation Commons (LINC) where you can check out books.
You can pick up your Interlibrary Loan books and articles here, as well.
Ask here for help with your research, too!
Current magazines and newspapers can be found next to the One-Stop Library Services Desk.
Remember, you will need to show your current ORU ID to check out books.
Check Out Periods
If you are a current student, faculty, or staff, you can check out items for the following check out periods:
- 21 days - books & AV (audio/visual) items for Students & Staff
- 60 days - books & AV (audio/visual) items for Graduate and Senior Paper Students
- 90 days - books & AV (audio/visual) items for Faculty and Distance Learners
- 1 hour to 4 day - Reserve items (some reserve items are IN LIBRARY USE only)
- 3 day - DVDs
- Your current, validated ORU ID must be presented at every checkout session
- Only YOU can check out library materials with your ORU ID
- Library registration must be renewed each semester while enrolled
For more information, see:
How to Renew
You can renew books and other items in any of the following ways:
♦ In the catalog
♦ In person at the One-Stop Library Services Desk
♦ By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
♦ By calling the library at 918-495-6391
♦ Self-check machine (books MUST be with you)
♦ opens new windowORU app - LIBRARY
Reserve items & DVDs CANNOT be renewed
Other items may be renewed except in these situations:
♦ Item is overdue
♦ Item is on hold for another patron
♦ Item has reached the maximum allowable renewals
♦ Fine or other block on your library account
Items are renewed one loan period from day of the request.
Entrance into the library after 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and all hours on Saturday and Sunday requires the use of a security swipe card (University issued ID).
Hours for holidays and breaks vary from the academic year schedule. Check hours posted in the library and this web page for more information.
The One-Stop Library Services Desk closes 15 minutes before the library's closing time. The self-check machine may be used ANY TIME the library is open by patrons whose library registration is current and whose library account is clear.