Theological Journals Search ~ Guide Description
This LibGuide lists and links to open access--free on the Web--journals, magazines, newsletters, and other periodical literature related to theology, Scripture studies, religious studies, pastoral and practical ministries, and cognate disciplines.
The full text of many of these journals is searchable and retrievable via Theological Journals Search, which is a Google custom search engine created in 2007 by ORU librarian Sally Jo Shelton. For now, only a representative number of the 350+ journals searchable in TJS are listed in the guide, but more will be added as time allows.
Open Access Journal Web Sites
Among the journals searchable in TJS are many of those listed in major religion Internet directories and e-journal sites such as:
- ATLA's Free Theological Journals on the Web
- Biblical Studies.org.UK
- Christian Periodical Index's CPI Full Text Titles Available from Publisher Web Sites
- DOAJ Religion
- EZ3 - Electronic Journals Library
- TheFreeLibrary.com's Publications in Philosophy and Religion
- Globethics.net (Register/sign in, then go to Library -> Browse libraries -> Journals -> By title (alphabetical). Then check GlobeTheoLib (and uncheck GlobeEthicsLib). Registration is free.
- John Jaeger's Free Journals on the Internet
- Journals for Free: Philosophy and Religion
- The Master Seminary Library's Free Journal Resources
- Regent University Library's Free Periodicals on the Web
- Rob Bradshaw's list of online journals on the Bible and Theology at Tyndale House Biblical Weblinks
- Wabash Center
A-to-Z Journal List
To browse religion journals for which full text is available in the ORU Library, go to the A-to-Z Journal List, select the Subject tab, and then Phliosophy, Psychology, Religion. Of the 2,500+ religion journals available, the majority are electronic while some are available also or only in print, microform, and/or CD-ROM. Most are restricted to use by current ORU students, staff and faculty, while some--such as those in DOAJ--are open access (free on the Web). To begin your search, click the link below.