Open Access Journal Web Sites
Among the journals searchable in TJS are many of those listed in major religion Internet directories and e-journal sites such as:
- ATLA's Free Theological Journals on the Web (PDF)
- Biblical Studies.org.UK
- Christian Periodical Index's CPI Full Text Titles Available from Publisher Web Sites
- DOAJ Religion
- EZ3 - Electronic Journals Library
- TheFreeLibrary.com's Publications in Philosophy and Religion
- Globethics.net (Register/sign in, then go to Library -> Browse libraries -> Journals -> By title (alphabetical). Then check GlobeTheoLib (and uncheck GlobeEthicsLib). Registration is free.
- John Jaeger's Free Journals on the Internet (PDF)
- Journals for Free: Philosophy and Religion
- Seth Allen's list of Open Access Journals
- Tyndale House's Biblical Weblinks compiled by Rob Bradshaw
- Wabash Center's Religion on the Web Online Journals
- Willem J. de Wit's Theology Guide
About Theological Journals Search LibGuide
This LibGuide lists and links to open access--free on the Web--journals, magazines, newsletters, and other periodical literature related to theology, Scripture studies, pastoral and practical ministries, religious studies, and cognate disciplines.
The full text of many of these journals is searchable and retrievable via Theological Journals Search, a Google custom search engine created in 2007 by Sally Jo Shelton. For now, only a representative number of the hundreds of journals searchable in TJS are listed in the guide, but more are being added as time allows.
To browse religion journals for which full text is available in the ORU Library, go to the Publication Finder (formerly the A-to-Z Journal List), and click the Religion and Philosophy category or do a keyword search for an area of interest, e.g. theolog* or Christianity. Many of the titles are in electronic format with some available also or only in print, microform, and/or CD-ROM. Most are restricted to use by current ORU students, staff and faculty, while some are open access (free on the Web). To begin your search, click the link below.