How to Use the Library eBooks - Guide Contents
Now that nearly one-quarter of the Library's book collection is electronic, it is more important than ever to be aware of these e-resources and know how to use them effectively. Ebrary, EBSCO eBooks, Credo Reference, and Gale Virtual Reference Library are the Library's four largest eBook collections. Look under their tabs for information on how to search them and make use of their special features when reading them online. The last four tabs outline the information needed to download the eBooks and read them offline.
- Credo Reference
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Other eBooks
- Initial Setup
- How to Download an ebrary eBook to a PC or Laptop
- How to Download an eBook to the Bluefire Reader App
- How to Download an EBSCOhost eBook to a PC or Laptop
- How to Download an ebrary eBook Chapter or Page Range
- How to Download an EBSCOhost eBook Chapter or Page Range
- Options for Reading PDFs on Mobile Devices
- eBook Apps
eBooks - Quick Search
Search for an eBook in the ORU Library catalog
Comparison of Number of eBooks & Paper Books in ORU Library
In other words, nearly one quarter (24%) of the monographic collection is electronic.
eBooks Accessible via the Library Catalog
|eBooks Accessible via the Library Catalog|
|EBSOhost eBook Collection||11,929|
|Gale Virtual Reference Library||162|
|Books@Ovid (American Nursing Association)||19|
Data collected April 19, 2013.
Update: As of January 7, 2014, the ORU Library provides access to 127,239 eBooks.