The Circulation Desk closes 15 minutes before the library's closing time. The self-check machine may be used ANY TIME the library is open by patrons whose library registration is current and whose library account is clear.
Entrance into the library after 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and all hours on Saturday and Sunday requires the use of a security swipe card (University issued ID).
Hours for holiday and breaks vary slightly from the academic year schedule. Check hours posted in the library and this web page for more information.
• 14 day - books & AV items
• 28 day - books & AV items for faculty, distance learners, graduate and senior paper students
• 1 hour to 4 day - Reserve items (some reserve items are IN LIBRARY USE only)
• 3 day - DVDs
- Your current, validated ORU ID must be presented at every checkout session
- Only YOU can check out library materials with your ORU ID
- Library registration must be renewed each year while enrolled
See ORU Library Information and Policies document for more information.
Reserve items & DVDs CANNOT be renewed
Other items may be renewed except in these situations:
• Item is overdue
• Item is on hold for another patron
• Item has reached the maximum allowable renewals
• Fine or other block on your library account
Items are renewed one loan period from day of the request