For information about requests contact Annette Villines, Head Reference Librarian (918-495-7378) or LibILL@oru.edu.
- For questions about pickup contact the main Library Circulation Desk (918-495-6391).
Who and what
Who may request an ILL? All Oral Roberts University faculty, students, and staff are eligible to borrow materials through Interlibrary Loan.
What may be borrowed? In general most books and photocopies of journal articles can be obtained through Interlibrary Loan. The following kinds of materials are not ordinarily obtainable from other libraries:
- text books
- reference books
- rare books
- complete issues or volumes of bound periodicals
Dissertations, theses, and audiovisual materials such as videos, DVDs and audio books are sometimes available through ILL, depending on the policies of the lending library.
Notification: As soon as the requested item is available, an email will be sent to the patron's ORU email.
Loan periods and renewals: Photocopies need not be returned. The loan period for other materials is set by the lending library and is typically 3 - 4 weeks. Most libraries do not allow borrowed materials to be renewed.
Procedures for Borrowing:
- Be sure the requested item is not owned by ORU. Search the Publication Finder for periodical titles, or the Library Catalog for books and other items. Ask a Reference Librarian if you need help determining this.
- Electronic forms are available through all EBSCO and FirstSearch databases. Click the link labeled "Request from another library" or "Request Item" in WorldCat.org. or "ORU Interlibrary Loan Form for this article" and complete the required fields. A blank form is also available online.
- Click Submit to send the completed form to Interlibrary Loan. Your request will be processed within two business days. A notice will be sent to your ORU email address when your items are ready to be picked up.
How long does it take? Interlibrary Loan can take from two days to two weeks. The average for an article is 4 days. The average for a book is 7-10 days. Therefore, it is recommended that requests be placed well ahead of the time the item is needed.
What does it cost?
- Fees: $2.00 processing fee per request for students, $1.00 for staff.
- Postage: Return postage only (media rate) for books borrowed.
- Some lending libraries may assess additional fees, which will not be incurred without consent of the requester.
- ILL fees and postage are waived for current full time ORU faculty members.
The person borrowing the material is responsible for damaged or lost items. All library privileges will be revoked and a library hold may be placed on your account pending the return of overdue materials and payment of any outstanding charges.
How and where do I pay? Eagle Bucks and cash are acceptable forms of payment made at the main Library Circulation Desk, LRC-4 where Interlibrary Loan items are picked up.
Interlibrary Loan services are a courtesy extended by a lending library. In order to maintain good relations with other institutions, the Interlibrary Loan Department makes every effort to comply with all restrictions and due dates set by the lending library. Please do not ask to borrow the same item twice.
Current copyright laws place restrictions on both personal as well as institutional photocopying of materials protected by copyright. Email Librarian@oru.edu if you need additional information about copyright compliance.